In Matthew chapter 6 starting with verse 14, we pick up were Jesus begins talking about FORGIVENESS – ….. If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Can a lasting fresh start or new beginning happen without forgiveness?
- Any forgiveness challenges in your life that God can help you with today?
TREASURES – Matthew 6:19-21 Don’t store up your treasures here on earth.., store your treasures in heaven, where they cannot be destroyed. Wherever your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- What has your heart and who or what is your treasure?
- Reflect on your actions and words.., what do they say about what you treasure?
LAMP OF THE BODY – Matthew 22 Your eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are health, your whole body will be full of light. But if you eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness.
- How do you see things, through your own eyes or the eyes of Jesus?
- What do your eyes see or search for? Is it pleasing to God?
WORRY – Matthew 6:25, 27 That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life….., Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
- Give God your worries and cares and at the foot of the cross, Jesus will carry that burden for you. He’ll allow you to press on and continue fighting the good fight with a hopeful attitude and a faith that will endure.
WISDOM IS MORE THAN KNOWING – God’s word says that everyone who hears these words (of Jesus) and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock – Matthew 7:24. What thing or two can you put into practice and apply wisdom to as Jesus references in the previous verse?
For 2012, I pray we all build our hopes and dreams on the rock of Jesus–the one on whom our hope, faith, and trust depends. I pray he gives you the desires of your heart and encourage you to give your heart to him first. This form of surrender and “letting go” is the place we get to where he can work out the next miracle of our lives. Take a few minutes today and spend some time with your heavenly Father in prayer or in reading His word. God bless……